Thursday, May 24, 2007

About Beets

From "A Woolly Mammoth on Amelia Street: Read Aloud Poems4Kids" by Todd St. Pierre

www.LouisianaBoy.com

About Beets!
(A VERY TRUE Story!)

I’d rather eat snails with some raw lizard tails!
I’d rather eat soap scum and witch’s toenails!
I’d rather eat fungus, black and humungous,
In fact I’m sure I would rather eat fungus!
I’d rather eat bugs and the shells of three crabs,
Sticky alien brains all covered in scabs!
I’d rather eat rocks in a giant brown box!
I’d rather eat chickens that have chicken pox!
I’d rather eat cacti that make me scream "OUCH!"
I’d rather eat hair-balls from under the couch!
I’d rather eat bread that has turned grossly green,
Or the biggest earth worm that you’ve ever seen!
I’d rather eat ear wax and slimy eel skin,
I wish that the church would say "BEETS are a SIN!"
I’d rather eat garbage, a cockroach or TEN…

Than to EVER-EVER eat BEETS Again!

No comments: