Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Maggots in my Meatloaf

From "A Woolly Mammoth on Amelia Street: Read Aloud Poems4Kids" by Todd St. Pierre

www.LouisianaBoy.com




The Maggots In My Meat-loaf


The maggots in my meat-loaf,
Often cause me too much strife.
They take advantage of me,
And they need to get a life!
The fattest one he asked me...
"May I have a piece of ham?
Will you make some fish and chips?
Or a little leg of lamb?"
The skinny one she asked me...
"Could you spare a yummy yam?
Do you have extra ketchup?
Are you out of red plum jam?"
The maggots in my meat-loaf,
They sure have a lot of nerve!
I don't mind if they eat here...

But my kitchen is SELF-SERVE!!!





2-Cute 2-Poot


Put your right hand under your left arm pit,
And flap your arm up and down just a bit.
It will sound just like you are breaking wind,
So take what you learn and go show a friend!
Try it in class, teach it to your teachers,
Do it as you run up and down bleachers.
Right smack dab in the middle of dinner,
Make your guests laugh with this sure fired winner,
And if they should happen to scream or squeal,
Explain to them that the poot wasn't real!
With practice you'll soon get the hang of it...

Put your right hand under your left arm pit!



This drives parents crazy and that's why you should get really good at it!

No comments: